Dark Chocolate Torte
4 Bars of 90% Dark Chocolate (I used Lindtt)
4 Packets of Chocolate Cream Oreo’s
375g of Nutella
300ml Whipping Cream
250g of Unsalted Butter
454g of Fresh Strawberries (2 packets)
Medium size pyrex bowl
12 inch flan dish
1 Small bowl
1 Dinner knife
1 wooden spoon
1 Electric whisk
- Firstly you will need to empty all 4 packets of the Chocolate Creme Oreo’s. With one Oreo twist the two layers so it separates them and essentially left with two Oreo’s. Using your blunt knife scrap out the creme filling and put it in a small bowl. Repeat this until all Oreo’s have been separated and filling taken out.
- Now you will have lots of Oreo halves, put them in the food processor on the lowest setting, once it has formed into crumbs turn of the food processor. (if you don’t have a food processor put the Oreo’s in a plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin).
- Put your saucepan on the stove on a high heat and add the stick of unsalted butter. Stirring constantly until the butter has melted, turn the food processor on and slowly pour the melted butter into the processor. Once the butter and crumbs are completely incorporated turn off the processor. Empty the Oreo crumbs into your flan dish and flatten the crumbs with your fingers to create a base. When I made the base the edge was around 1cm wide, the bottom of the base was around half that width. Once your base is flattened go over with a spoon to make sure all the bumps are flattened. Once your base is finished put in the fridge to set.
- Add the Nutella and Oreo Creme filling into the pyrex bowl. Break up the dark chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave (should be around 2 minutes). Take it out of the microwave after 1 minutes to stir and to make sure the chocolate is not burning.
- Once your chocolate mixture is melted, pour the entire container of whipping cream into the bowl. And put the mixture back in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Take your chocolate mixture out of the microwave and slowly stir with the spatula making sure not to burn your self with the hot mixture. Once the chocolate mixture is incorporated with the cream, use your electric whisk in the mixture until it thickens.
- Take your Oreo base out of the fridge and pour in the chocolate mixture into the base. Now you have half a Dark Chocolate Torte! Put the Dark Chocolate Torte in the fridge for an hour and half so the chocolate mixture sets.
- Once the Dark Chocolate Torte is set. Wash the strawberries in cold water and pull off the stalks. Cut the strawberries in half decorate the torte. I left around 4 strawberries with stalks on to use as the centre piece for the torte.
- Once decorate serve the Dark Chocolate Torte with single cream or on it’s own. (p.s. This is a very rich dessert so cut small slice!)