This is one of my favourite recipes, a nice balance of spicy and sweet! This recipe is for 2 people, and the Kebabs can be served on a bed of mixed salad.
Ingredients for the Kebabs
750g Turkey Mince
1tbsp of Clear Honey
1 fresh red chilli
1tbsp of ginger paste
1tbsp of garlic paste
1tbsp of All Purpose Seasoning
1tbsp of dried red chilli flakes
1tsp of Smoked paprika
1tsp of Cayenne Chilli pepper
2tbsp of light soy sauce
Half a Bunch of coriander (chopped)
Half a large onion
4 spring onions
5 Tortilla wraps
150ml BBQ Sauce
50ml Worcestershire sauce
25ml Light soy sauce
2tbsp of Light brown soft sugar
Large baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Before adding the coriander to the food processor, wash with cold water (this get’s rid of any dirt or grit). Peel off the skin of the onions and cut off the roots, do the same for the spring onions. Add the onions, spring onions and coriander to the food processor. Leave on until all the ingredients is minced together
- Remove the turkey mince from all packaging and add to the food processor. Leave on until the mince is incorporate with the onion coriander mixture.
- Now add the honey, ginger, garlic, and the rest of the dry seasoning’s (paprika etc) to the mince. Mix together the soy sauce and honey in a small cup before adding to the kebab meat.
- Now carefully remove the blade in the food processor. To create the kebabs, you will need two tablespoons of the kebab meat and roll into a sausage shape. Repeat this until all of the meat is in a sausage shape.
- Spray your baking tin light with some oil (3 sprays should be enough). Lay the turkey kebabs in the baking tin and pop into the oven for 20 minutes
- (If you have time do the washing up now! It will save you time later)
- Using your saucepan on a low heat add the BBQ and Worcestershire sauce into the pan. Mix with a wooden spoon, leave for 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to boil. Add the soy sauce and sugar, now mix with the whisk and have the heat on a medium temperature. I added a little bit of dried red chilli flakes (I love spicy food). Now you can leave your sauce aside.
- Check on your turkey kebabs, once they have changed into a grey colour and firm remove from the oven. And leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the kebabs are cooling, take out your tortilla wraps and pierce the packaging several times. Pop into the microwave for 30 seconds (by putting them in the microwave for a short time it makes them easier to manipulate).
- Cut the tortilla wraps in half, repeat this until all the wraps are cut in half. Using one of the halves place one of the kebabs in the centre and wrap the tortilla around the kebab. Repeat this until all the Kebabs are wrapped in tortilla’s.
- Heat up the grill pan on a high setting and spray with some oil (twice). Add all the kebabs to pan, This will lightly toast the wraps and seal them to the kebabs. Occasionally turn them over so they are toasted evenly. This should take around 10 minutes for the Kebabs to have a nice brown colour on them.
- Plate up the mixed salad (or whatever you’re serving it with) and place the kebabs on top. Drizzling the sauce over the Kebabs.