These are my dad’s favourites! I used to make these for him when I was a kid, although I am 23 he still asks me to make them! These are very easy and simple to do (great to do with your kids). This recipe makes 12 Jam Puffs!
1 Jar (340g) of Seedless Strawberry Jam or your favourite Jam (I used Hartley’s)
1kg of Puff Pastry (I used Jus Roll)
Demerara Sugar for sprinkling
Self raising flour for dusting
1 Cup of warm water
- On a clean surface sprinkle some self raising flour on the counter, and preheat the oven to 190c. Remove the pastry from the packaging place on top of the self raising flour. Dust the rolling pin in flour also and roll out the pastry into a rectangle shape.
- Once you have a large rectangle shape, flip the pastry over and slice the pastry in strips. The strips need to be roughly 7cm wide.
- Once you have cut the pastry into strips. Using one of the strips take the top right hand corner and fold into a triangle. Cut the pastry, once you have cut the pastry unfold the triangle. You will now have a square shape, repeat this process until you have 12 squares.
- Scoop out one tablespoon of Jam and place in the middle of the pastry square. With the warm water dip in your pastry bursh and brush the edges of the pastry. Fold one corner of the pastry into another, and you should have now made another triangle shape. Use your fork to press down the edges (this makes a nice pattern and seals the Jam Puffs). Repeat this until you have 12 Jam Puffs.
- Now with the warm water and pastry brush, coat the Jam puffs with warm water all over.
- Sprinkle the sugar on top and pop into the oven to baker. Leave in the oven for 20 minutes or until the Jam Puffs have a golden colour.
- Remove from the oven with oven gloves and leave to cool. Once cooled enjoy with a well earned cup of tea!