As it was World Nutella Day on Friday, this gave me the perfect excuse to try out a new baking recipe.
These turnovers taste like a perfect chocolate digestive biscuit, plus quick and easy to make!
This recipe makes 6 large turnovers.
Ready Rolled Puff Pastry (Jus Roll, 320g)
1 Jar of Nutella
1 Jar of Lotus Crunchy Biscuit Spread
1 bag of Mini Marshmallows (Cake Angels Pink & White, 170g)
Unsalted butter to grease baking tin
100ml of water
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- On a clean surface, roll out your puff pastry and cut into 6 squares (I used a pizza slicer).
- Add an even tablespoon of nutella, biscuit spread in the centre of each square and place around 8 marshmallows on top.
- Using the water light brush two sides of the square and fold into a triangle. Repeat this to each of the turnovers.
- Once you have created your triangle shape, use a fork to press down on each side. This makes sure that each turnover is sealed, so when you bake them none of the ingredients spill out.
- Once you have sealed each turnover, light brush the top with water.
- Grease a large baking tin and cover with greaseproof paper.
- Place each of the turnovers onto the baking tin, make sure there is enough space. They will get bigger as they bake!
- Place on the top shelf of the oven and turn the heat up to 200c. Bake for 10 minutes (or until the pastry is golden)
- Leave to cool and sprinkle icing sugar.
Make a cup of tea and enjoy your S’more turnover! I drizzled some strawberry sauce to serve.
Don’t worry if you have any leftover ingredients, it’s Pancake Day on Tuesday!