This is BBQ Chicken at it’s finest;Smoky, Sweet and tastes yummy! This a perfect weekend recipe, that doesn’t need much attention. This recipe serves 3 people and takes 6 1/2 hours to make.
6 Skinless Chicken Drumsticks
4 Large Chicken Breasts
Ingredients for the Sauce
300ml of BBQ Sauce
5 tablespoons of Clear Honey
2 tablespoons of Garlic Granules
100ml of Light Soy Sauce
80ml of Tomato Ketchup
1 tablespoon of Ginger Puree
2 tablespoon of Coriander Leaf
3 tablespoons of Smoked Paprika
1 tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
4 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- Score the drumsticks and chicken breasts, using a sharp knife make slices in the meat being careful not to cut through. Put in a large mixing bowl and set aside
- Using a measuring jug empty the all the sauce ingredients and using a whisk stir until all the ingredients have mixed together.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and using a spatula to make sure the meat is completely covered.
- Empty the chicken into your slow cooker and leave on low for 6 hours
- After 6 hours the chicken will be thoroughly cooked and completely tender. Take out the drumsticks and put into a baking tray, lightly dress the chicken in the BBQ sauce and bake in the oven on 150c for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker onto a plate and empty the sauce into another jug. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and place back in the slow cooker and add enough sauce to cover the shredded chicken. Leave on medium for 20 minutes.
- With the rest of the BBQ sauce simmer in a saucepan (I added some dried chillies in the sauce for an extra kick), so it reduces and becomes extra sticky. When you remove the chicken from the slow cooker and baking tray it will be extremely tender!
Serve the chicken with brown rice, corn on the cob and halloumi. Drizzle the BBQ sauce over the chicken when you serve.