I love baking, I love baking even more when it’s quick and easy to make! All you really need for this is your favourite chocolate bar and some puff pastry.
500g of Puff Pastry (chilled)
2 of your favourite full size Chocolate Bar (I used Galaxy Honeycomb & Reeses Peanut Butter Bar)
Self raising flour, to dust
1 tablespoon of Icing Sugar
Butter to grease the baking tray
Chocolate sprinkles (to decorate, optional)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180c. On a clean surface dust the self raising flour and with a rolling pin roll out the pastry into a large rectangle. It needs to be around the thickness of a penny and large enough to braid two chocolate bars.
- Once your puff pastry is rolled out, cut the pastry in half so you have another two pieces of pastry.
- Place one of the chocolate bars in the middle of the pastry. Using the top of the corner of the chocolate bar as marker, using a knife slice diagonal lines on both sides. Now at the top and bottom of the chocolate cut the pastry so you have two rectangle poking out at either end.
- Fold in both of the rectangles, take one strip from the left side and again from the right side. Repeat alternating sides until you have created a braid pattern (don’t worry if any of the chocolate bar is visible). Repeat this to the other Chocolate bar.
- Cut two sheets of greaseproof and grease with butter. Place both of the Chocolate braids onto the greaseproof paper.
- In a small bowl whisk an egg and with a pastry brush lightly brush the egg wash onto the pastry.
- Place in the oven on the top shelf for 10-15 minutes, dust with icing sugar and sprinkle Chocolate chips.
Serve hot with Ice Cream or a well deserved cup of tea!