Easy and extremely delicious Chicken Wings. I recently found out a tip if you bake the wings with baking powder, they become seriously crispy. I know it seems weird to use baking powder, but it takes out all the moisture from the wings. So this recipe serves 2 people and takes 1 hour and 20 minutes to make!
10 Chicken Wings
1 tablespoon of Baking Powder (don’t use Baking Soda!)
1 teaspoon of All Purpose Seasoning
1 teaspoon of Garlic Granules
Ingredients for Marinade
6 tablespoons of Tomato Ketchup
3 tablespoons of Clear Honey
3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
1 1/2 tablespoons of Smoked Paprika
1 tablespoon of Ginger Puree
1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
2 tablespoons of Chilli Oil
1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon of Mild Chilli Powder
a few dashes of Tabasco Sauce (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
- Turn the oven on to 150c
- Remove any feathers that are on the wings, and cut off the small part of the wing (the elbow bit). Place the wings into a large Pyrex bowl and sprinkle the baking powder, garlic granules and all purpose seasoning all over the wings. Using a spatula mix all the seasoning and powder so the chicken is completely covered.
- Line a baking tin with foil, and spray the oil twice onto the foil. Place the chicken wings in the baking tin skin side up on the low shelf, leave in for 30 minutes.
- In another Pyrex bowl add all the ingredients for the marinade. Use a whisk to combine all together.
- After 30 minutes turn the heat up to 220c for another 40 minutes. Around 10 minutes before removing the chicken wings. Pour the marinade into a saucepan until it bubbles, once it bubbles leave it for a few seconds (make sure you’re constantly stirring the sauce to it doesn’t burn) and empty back into the Pyrex bowl.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven, and place each wing in the bowl of sauce. Completely coat the wing in the sauce and place on a new sheet of foil (repeat this to all of wings).
- Once all the wings are covered. Throw away the old foil out of the baking tin (this will have chicken residue etc). Place the chicken wings into the baking tin (with foil at the bottom). Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Any remaining sauce pour into a small bowl for extra dipping.
Serve with Sweet Jacket Potato and Corn on the Cob. (Tip for Jacket Potato: Place in a baking tin, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle some salt. Place them in the oven the same time you put the wings in, making sure to turn them over half way through.)