Now don’t get me wrong, I looooove to cook. But sometimes cooking is so much more fun when you can just chuck it all in the oven, whilst you can put your feet up! I made this tray bake last weekend and it went down rather well. This recipe serves 2 people and does take 2 hr 15 minutes to make (plus 45 minutes marinating time).
6 Skinless Chicken Drumsticks
1 Large brown onion (one half grated, the other half sliced)
3 tablespoons Harissa Seasoning
5 tablespoons of Garlic Granules
1 tablespoon of All purpose seasoning
1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
2 Tablespoons of Chili Oil
1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 tablespoons of smoked paprika
1 red pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 150c
- First you need to score the chicken drumsticks, use a knife to make slits in the chicken. Empty the drumsticks into the large bowl. Add the Harissa seasoning, grated onion, 2 tablespoons of garlic granules, Chili Oil and Cayenne Pepper. Using a spatula coat all of the drumsticks in the seasoning. Cover the bowl with some cling film and place in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Slice the Red pepper and the other half of the onion. Add the sliced vegetables into a baking tin and set to one side.
- Once your drumsticks have been in the fridge for 45 minutes, place the drumsticks on top of the onion/peppers. Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the drumsticks from the oven. In a frying pan add butter, 3 tbsp of garlic granules and paprika, melt until the butter starts to bubble (whilst the butter is melting occasionally stir).
- Slowly pour the butter over the chicken, making sure each drumstick is covered.
- Place the drumsticks back in the oven for 1 hour and half, on 180c. In the last half an hour turn the oven up to 200c.
- If you want the drumsticks to have a bit of colour, place under the grill for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the tray bake from the oven and serve with brown rice.