In primary school they used to serve these bad boys every Friday! This weekend I realised I had all the ingredients in my cupboard, and my boyfriend had never had them. Therefore a perfect excuse to makes these again!
100g Milk Chocolate Chips
17g Rice Krispies
30g Coco Pops
65g White Mini Marshmallows
2 tablespoons of warm water
- Fill a small saucepan half way with boiling water from the kettle, place a small Pyrex bowl on top. Place on the stove on a low heat (make sure the water never boils, it must only reach a simmer).
- Once the water starts to gently simmer, put the chocolate chips and marshmallows in the Pyrex bowl. Once the chocolate starts to melt, using a heatproof spatula make sure to constantly stir.
- After a 2/3 of minutes the chocolate will have stuck to the marshmallows. Once some of the marshmallows starts to melt, and the water to mixture and remove the Pyrex bowl from the stove. Place in the microwave for 40 seconds, once removed from the microwave. Stir in the ingredients with spatula until you have a chocolate liquid.
- In another pyrexbowls bowl empty the coco pops and Rice Krispies, then pour in the chocolate and mix it into the cereals. Make sure that all the cereals are covered in chocolate, once it’s all mixed in it should have a ova glue like texture.
- Line a small baking tin with cling film, and empathy the cereal chocolate contents into the baking tin. Flatten the mixture with the spatula to make a rectangle shape. Once you have the rough shape, completely cover it in cling film. Now is the time to do any extra moulding.
- Keeping the chocolate bites in the cling film and baking tin, place in the freezer for half an hour so the shape sets.
- After half an hour take out the chocolate bite, and peel off the cling film and place on sheet of foil. Use a pizza slicer to cut into small bite size treats, it should make 16 Chocolate Marshmallow Treats