This is a quick and easy but really yummy mid week dinner! This recipe serves between 2-3 people, and takes 30 minutes to prep and make
210g Refried Beans
200g Black beans
1 Red Chilli, finely chopped with seeds
1 Yellow Pepper, finely sliced
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
A handful of Fresh Parsley, chopped
4 Spring Onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
Salt and Pepper to to taste
2 tablespoons of Garlic Olive Oil
1/2 Large Brown Onion, diced
3 tortilla wraps
a large handful of cheese (your preference)
- Preheat the oven to 190c. Heat a large non-stick pan with a tablespoon of garlic olive oil, over a medium heat. Add the onion and chillies until the onion becomes partly translucent. Then add the spring onions, minced garlic and yellow pepper. Gently fry for 2 minutes and then added around a tablespoon of the chopped parsley. Leave to fry for another minute and then remove from the heat.
- In a bowl mix the refried and black beans, then empty the mixture from frying pan. Add the rest of the parsley (do leave some for garnishing later), smoked paprika and a tablespoon of garlic olive oil. Taste to see if it requires salt/ and or pepper.
- Place one of the tortilla’s on a plate, and spread the bean mixture on one side. Then sprinkling the cheese over it and fold the torilla. Repeat this to the other tortillas and ensure the bean mixture is divded evenly.
- Clean the frying pan from earlier. Then lightly grease it with the remaining garlic olive oil, over a medium/high heat. Carefully fry each quesadilla at a time (for around 1-1 1/2 minutes) on each side, or until they are golden brown and the filing is piping hot.
- Once you have the desired colour, place on a baking tray and pop in the preheated oven. And repeat step 4 until they are all fried (placing them in the oven just ensures they stay hot until serving)
- Once all your quesadillas are cooked cut into wedges, sprinkle some parsley and/ or cheese on the top. Serve with a dollop of guacamole and hot salsa with fries.